Antique Clocks/Smith Sectric Mantle Clock

I have been given a Smith Sectric Mantel Clock which is in excellent condition. It keeps excellent time and chimes on the 1/4, 1/2, 3/4 hour. However on the hour it chimes too many times. eg if it's 9 o'clock it chimes 12 times. How do I adjust this?

If it is three hours out on every hour, just move the hour hand carefully to correct hour. The hour hand will probably be on a clutch and the clock will be count wheel strike. These clocks are later than we deal in but I am sure it will be same principal

Antique Clocks

Daniel Clements

All questions about pre C1820 UK antique clocks. For the type of clock I can answer questions about, see if your clock is something like one on our website http://

I run a large family UK antique clocks business

We offer a full in house money back guarantee that all our antiques are genuine

Sunday Times Business Section and othe press

All my life working in , restoring and selling genuine antique clocks from the 17th 18th and 19th centuries

My father was the clocks consultant up to 1984 of millers antiques price guide. I have appeared on tv and in national newspapers

Many V.I.P clients from UK and overseas