Antique Clocks/Correcting the chiming on 1897 Ansonia Chester clock

Hi Ken:
I have an 1897 Ansonia Chester clock. It is in wonderful shape, works well, even has a key, but the chiming is off.
I am unsure how it is supposed to chime. The original ad (1897 Sears Roebuck Catalogue) for the clock says it is an 8 day movement. It chimes on the hour and half hour, but having never had a chiming clock I assume the chime should be one chime for 1am, 2 for 2am etc etc. Right now mine is chiming 3 times at 10:30am, 4 times at 11:30am and only once on the hour. Can you help with how I can adjust this to correct it? Thanks for all your instructions to everyone.

while it is striking the hour when the minute hand is moved to "6" continue quickly to move it to five minutes after the next hour.

it will now be doing the single strike at the half hour like it is supposed to be.

to make the hour strike agree with the time - knowing it always does one more strike than the last hour-- you can predict what it is going to do at the next hour. Just as above, while it is stiking, quickly move the minute hand around and around till that hour that it is striking is reached-- if you get there before it finishes striking, you will be in sync. then set the correct time by going around and patiently waiting for it to finish striking at the hour and half hour till you have the correct current time shown.  

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders

Any mechanical clock question - no battery clock questions and no appraisals. 47 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner. Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks

47+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - Of the 7 antique clock experts provided by, you, Mr. Saunders, were the ONLY one who provided the correct answer that allowed me to solve the problem for which I sought help; thanks a million!!! Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score.... Comment - It's happening!! The clock has run for about 8 hours...I appreciate your quick response and clarity of directions. Thanks so much ! Kenneth really knows his stuff, he has the knowledge about where you can buy replacement parts and where to get repair service or do it yourself. I think I can fix it myself and receive the full value of my clock. He even sent me pictures of clocks like mine sold online so I could get a good idea of the value. Thank you Kenneth for responding so fast and making me feel so confident in repairing my own clock. I vote Kenneth Volunteer of the Year.