Antique Clocks/escapement gear

The escapement gear on an ansonia statue clock with open escapement is badly wore, the teeth are uneven lengths and the clock will not run smoothly or keep time. I am assuming that it needs to be replaced. Where do I go for help in getting a gear for the movement. I,m also looking for a couple of pair of hands for two waterbury shelf clocks. The merrit's or time savers hands have too big of an oblong hole.  The oblong hole is smaller than the standard size ones they sell.

You can get a new escape wheel cut here-
Be sure to contact them first, you might need to send more than just the escape wheel. Regarding the Waterbury clocks, you'll need to order the closest matching hands you can then make a bushing for the minute hand so it fits the hand shaft. Some parts for antiques have to be modified in some way, just too many different ones to make exact replacements for all.

Antique Clocks

Steve Guthrie C.C.

A.W.C.I. Certified Clockmaker with 35 years of experience. I can answer clock repair or maintenance related questions. Please don't expect answers advising the use of bubble gum, bailing wire or WD-40. I only give advice that is meant to preserve your clock in the best possible condition, not make it worse. No questions regarding clock value or identification. I am not a collector and cannot do valuations. Visit my website at:

Clock repairman in the north Texas area for 35 years. Certification as a Clockmaker through the AWCI since 1986.

I was featured in an article by the Watch&Clock Review regarding my restoration of a tower clock for the Wise County courthouse in Decatur, Tx.

Certification as a clockmaker with the American Watchmakers/Clockmakers Institute since 1986.

General public,Six Flags Over Texas,Collin County,Tx.,Wise County,Tx.,Rapides Bank,Rapides Parrish,La.