Antique Clocks/Maker of old west German cuckoo clock

We are looking for pendulum for large cuckoo clock.   We can't figure out the maker... Inside works say west Germany... Partial label on back says....       Breiting..then g or o but not an L.      Everything online tries to steer me to breiting and its not an L .....

The label under the partial name says....   39 N 9th....

Any clues on maker for parts?

Breiting, I believe, is a brand of watch and they can also produce clocks. This is a German organization and the country of origin being West Germany.

There are many manufacturers of clock cases and relatively few of movements. In many cases, the maker is hard to determine, however I think in your case, Breting was the manufacturer.

Page 90 of my Merritts catalog ( shows a number of cookoo clock pendulums. Since you do not know the length I would get one of the longer ones and shorten it up as necessary to get it to keep time accurately. As with all pendulums shortening it increases the beat rate of the clock and speeds up the hand travel and lowering the bob to lengthen the pendulum will slow it down.

Hope I have been of some help to you.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family