Antique Clocks/Sessions clock

Sessions clock
Sessions clock  

Sessions clock 2
Sessions clock 2  
Hello Mr. Saunders,
My wife has  a Sessions clock that has been passed down in her family. I think it's a mantle clock and the partial label on the rear door has a model # of what I think reads "654". It has one key with it and we tried to wind it, but the key wouldn't turn at all. I manually moved the hands forward to the correct time, and it works for less than an hour before it begins to fall behind and eventually stops, although it does not chime the correct # of times at the hour. The clock is missing its front clear cover(the ring is still there) and the face is very worn. Most of the finish is in bad shape as well. I would like to repair or restore the clock for its sentimental value and don't know where to start. Is it better to just get it working and leave the original appearance or is it advisable to fully restore it? Do you think it could be fixed and/or restored at a reasonable price?, if so could you recommend a place? I live in the Daytona Beach, FL. area. I have sent some pictures as well. I had some difficulty researching this online, I can't seem to find that model # anywhere. Any info you have on it would appreciated. Thank you,

see #0612 on this website:

Dutch people are not original and your case is slightly different.

can't tell if some of the case is missing or damaged on the left side in your photo??

you should be able to get the glass replaced and the movement overhauled locally for about $300-400   I would just start there and leave the dial and case as is.

here are some in fl

Angers Clock Repairs
Sam Anger
12933 Fred Harvey Rd.
Sanderson, FL 32087  Phone: (904) 275-2437

Cottagehaus Clockworks
Jan Pearce - Owner
5104 148th Place
Wellborn, FL 32094  Phone: (386) 963-2075

It's About Time
William L. Bassett
615 N. Glenwood Ave.
Clearwater, FL 33755  Phone: (727) 442-7817

James R. Epperson
1800 Hibiscus Ct. S.
Oldsmar, FL 34677  Phone: (813) 854-2926
Fax: (813) 854-1336

Keepingtime Clocks
Randell Wahl
1526 S. Wickham Road
Melbourne, FL 32904  Phone: (321) 727-7581

Watch & Clock Repair & Restoration
Max Eichermueller
4346 SW 18th Place
Cape Coral, FL 33914  Phone: (239) 945-1836
Fax: (239) 945-1836

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders

Any mechanical clock question - no battery clock questions and no appraisals. 47 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner. Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks

47+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - Of the 7 antique clock experts provided by, you, Mr. Saunders, were the ONLY one who provided the correct answer that allowed me to solve the problem for which I sought help; thanks a million!!! Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score.... Comment - It's happening!! The clock has run for about 8 hours...I appreciate your quick response and clarity of directions. Thanks so much ! Kenneth really knows his stuff, he has the knowledge about where you can buy replacement parts and where to get repair service or do it yourself. I think I can fix it myself and receive the full value of my clock. He even sent me pictures of clocks like mine sold online so I could get a good idea of the value. Thank you Kenneth for responding so fast and making me feel so confident in repairing my own clock. I vote Kenneth Volunteer of the Year.