Antique Clocks/Seth Thomas Westminster wall clock

You have been very helpful and I know I've been asking a lot, but the clock still in trouble.   It chimed correctly at 4 p.m. yesterday; also at 4:15; 4:30; 4:45..... but nothing at 5.  Sometimes it strikes the hour on the quarter hour, etc. How can we reset the clock?

There should be only one place that it will do the hour 16 note and the hour strike. You said it struck the hour on the quarter after. Then it should always strike the hour on the quarter after. If this is the case you take the nut off and take the minute hand off and put it back on so it is pointing to the 12 and move the hour hand so it looks right. Now you should be able to move the minute hand from 12 down to 6 without waiting for the chimes and let the clock run. For the first hour the chimes will be off but come the second hour it should self correct. If this does not correct the clock then you have something wrong on the inside and would need to be taken to someone who knows clocks.

Antique Clocks

michael Porter

Any thing to do with the repair antique clocks,and modern german movements. Ithaca Calendar Clocks a speciality. Can do appraisals on Ithaca Clocks only. I do not follow history and values of clocks, other than Ithaca.

Have been repairing professionally since 1980. Revived the Ithaca Calendar Clock Co. and reproduce calendar clocks, also do parts for the same.

Associate degree in accounting.

Local for building a large calendar clock for the locat airport to go with thier new terminal.