Antique Clocks/Dynasty 31 Day Wall mount Clock

Dynasty Clock
Dynasty Clock  
I have a Dynasty 31 Day wall mount clock and would like to know
approximately its value and/or age.
I can't seem to find another one like it on the internet.

Thank you

31 Day clocks were, as far as I know, first made in Korea. They started making these in either the late 50's or early 60's and as far as I know are still building them today. More recently, the Chinese have started building 31 day clock movements. In my collection I have one Korean and one Chinese made clock. In both cases, they are time and strike clocks with no Westminster or other chime.

These clocks are available new from Merritts and probably Timesavers. ( ( for around 100 to 150 dollars. I do not know if they are yet old enough to bring antique clock type prices. The chinese clock was purchased at an auction in an assortment of clocks and clock parts. I believe by bid was $25. The other clock was purchased at an estate sale, not working, for $15. Of course, these clocks would have been worth much more if they were set up and working.

There are many manufacturers of clock cases and relatively few builders of movements. In many cases, the brand of clock refers to the case manufacturer. You might look at the movement and see if there are any markings on it. Unfortunately, dates and date codes are rare.

Since you do not know the history of the clock it would be a good idea to lubricate it. I generally use a household oil such as sewing machine oils. Special clock oils are available from places such as Merritts and Timesavers. It is generally necessary to pull the movement to get at some of the pivots as it is necessary to lubricate all of them. I generally put a little oil on the gear pinions as well as the springs. I use a soft cloth to remove any excess oil so it does not drip into the case after assembly.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family