Antique Clocks/set slow time mantel clock

Question
Hello:
I have a HAMILTON WESTMINSTER CHIME 8 DAY BRACKET CLOCK 340 020 from my aunt and the time goes slow for almost 15 minutes per week. Can you help me to adjust for the correct time?
thanks in advance

Answer
balance A
balance A  

balance B
balance B  
only 2 minutes a day - probably can be adjusted

two styles of balance assembly and thus two methods --depends on how old the clock is

one looks like A attached and adjusts with the single setscrew on the upper right -- speed up by turning the screw counter clockwise

one- the older- looks like B attached and is adusted faster thusly: In the back there is a silver wheel that oscillates back and forth. Hold the rim of the wheel still with your thumb and with the tip of a ballpoint pen, move one of the spokes of the 3 spoked finger on the top side of the wheel to the right to speed it up---trial and error to get it right.

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders