Antique Clocks/clock manual

I have an Alfry mantel clock, made in W. germany, #77, Emil Schmeckenbecker, and would like to know where I can get the instruction manual that goes with it. Thank you, Gus

Instruction manuals tend to be rather small and were often kept with the clock for a while and eventually thrown away. Some of my clocks have the instructions affixed to the back or to the door.

Merritts ( has about four pages of instruction manuals which they sell. I could not find one specifically tailored to that particular brand. They do, however, have some that are generic in nature which might be of help to you. You might also try Timesavers (

We did search the internet and could find nothing in the way of instructions for the Alfry clock. We did find some beautiful pictures of these clocks. Sorry I could not have been of more help.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family