Antique Clocks/Dunhaven Mantel clock "85" 34-020

I have a mantel clock "34-020" which has 3 holes for winding. The center hole(keeps time no problem) I can turn with the key but the other ones(1 on each side) on each side I can't turn and it does not chime. It seems those 2 are turned to tight so it will not chime(only on occasion) when the center hole is fully wound. I don't know if it is over wound or ? Can you help and/or does this make sense? Thank you so much this was my fathers joy to hear it chime!

For some reason the chimes are not working and it is fully wound. You might look for a nickel plated arm on the inside of the clock which can be moved up and down. It is used to shut off the chimes. Your clock may not have it, in which case the chimes are not working and will have to be looked at by a repair man. Most shops today do not work on these movement as it is cheaper to buy a new one and just replace. You can do searches online to get best price.

Antique Clocks

michael Porter

Any thing to do with the repair antique clocks,and modern german movements. Ithaca Calendar Clocks a speciality. Can do appraisals on Ithaca Clocks only. I do not follow history and values of clocks, other than Ithaca.

Have been repairing professionally since 1980. Revived the Ithaca Calendar Clock Co. and reproduce calendar clocks, also do parts for the same.

Associate degree in accounting.

Local for building a large calendar clock for the locat airport to go with thier new terminal.