Antique Clocks/dutch zaandam clock

hello i have 2 dutch zaandam clocks from my grandad i was just wondering if you could give me any signs to look for to tell whether is real or a replica as i wish to sell them on and have no idea myself thankyou

Zaandam built clocks for a good many years. One identifying characteristic of really old clocks (approx. 100 years old) is they used counting wheel strike. These clocks did not automatically synchronize the strike with the position of the hands. Newer clocks all used rack and snail movements which allow you to turn the hands rapidly in a forward direction and will automatically coordinate the strike (and chime) within an hour or so. Clocks built within the last 75 to 100 years. I do not  know of any replica Zaandam clocks except Zaandam may have repeated some of their older styles. A sign of a very new Zaandam would be its use of a Hermle movement in some styles.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family