Antique Clocks/GE table model alarm clock-Age?

Question
I have a GE electric table model alarm clock with a wood case.

Works fine!

Model 7H140; #N.P.315.
When was it made?

Thank you.

Geo.Webber

Answer
The G.E. Co. Bought out the Warren Telechron Co. Sometime in the early 1930's. they soon changed the name from Telechron to General Electric. They continued the use of a red flag which appeared when the power failed. This flag is reset by pulling out the time set knob. The purpose of this flag was to warn the power had failed, hence the time would not be correct. This red flag was dropped sometime in the 1940s or1950s. Movements built during the 50s continued to use an approx. 1 and 3/4 motor. Later units were about 1/4 inches in diameter.

I have not seen any evidence that GE has built any analog clocks in the last 20 years, everything being digital today.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams