Antique Clocks/new haven small eight day mantel clock(2.5")face

Question
I have cleaned and oiled it. It runs good. However it runs extremely fast. I have adjusted the lever in the back and it helps some but still gains up to an hour a day. The clock is spring wound. The lever controls what I would call a wound hair spring.

Answer
if there is some dirt or oil in the coils of that balance spring or some of the coils are touching, then the clock will run fast.  

After that,the length of the spring in the coil is another adjustment that can be made- the outer end is most often pinned and can be repinned at the end of the spring to give it longer  length --but then the center shaft collet holding the inner end needs to be repositioned to get the springs occilation to balance again-----all this is very delicate work for an experienced repair person if the cleaning mentioned first does not solve it

http://mb.nawcc.org/showthread.php?79897-Hair-spring-escapement-speed-question

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders