Antique Clocks/Seth Thomas E511-000

Question
I have an electric Seth Thomas E511-000 clock that chimes 12 times instead of the actual hour.  I've tried adjusting it by placing the minute hand on 2:28 then back to 10 minutes past the hour, but have not been successful.  I've seemingly only exasperated the chime syncing.  What is the technique for syncing the chime with the hour? The clock keeps accurate time.

Thanks.

hb

Answer
If the clock is striking 12 EVERY hour, then there's a problem with the movement that will need to be adjusted. You won't be able to correct it by manipulating the hands. Without knowing your capability in repairing clocks, I would suggest you take it to a repairman. The hour rack is dropping behind the snail.

Antique Clocks

Steve Guthrie C.C.