Antique Clocks/simple leaf suspension spring

Question
My rod fell out and I don't know how to put it back in. It is an old Seth Thomas spring driven mantle clock. I saw one like it called  Square Rose. I hope this helps you. I don't know anything about clocks like this, but I love them. The little flap on the top part of the rod has a tiny dent in the end. Thanks, Rita Morris

Answer
suspension
suspension  
The picture shows the correct mounting for a suspension spring on the back of a movement with the fast/slow adjustment through the dial. The spring is placed in between the slot in the adjustment chops and pushed into the slot in the suspension post at the top. If your model does not have the fast/slow adjustment at the top of the dial, the suspension spring is located on the front of the movement and mounts the same way but the suspension post is below the hand shaft and there are no adjustment chops.

Antique Clocks

Steve Guthrie C.C.