Antique Clocks/clock

Question
Hi, we bought a cuckoo clock from a garage sale, the lady said it worked, got it home, put batterys in , clock worked but the bird and the dancers did not work. It is 40 inches tall, without the things hanging, has a eagle at the top with pine trees along the sides and a birds nest at the bottom. This clock is massive. Girl did not know where it came from and i cannot find another one like it. It says made in Japan. Any ideas on worth and would it pay me to get it repaired? Look forward to hearing from you. Thanks, Susan

Answer
I am not familiar with the clock that you describe.  It sounds like it has a quartz battery operated movement or maybe two.  There may be two separate movements, one for time and one for moving the characters.  Be sure that you put batteries in both movements.

Antique Clocks

Wayne