Antique Clocks/Colonial of Zeland grandfather clock

Question
image 1
image 1  
I inherited the beautiful clock when my mother passed and want some more information about it and its value as to if I should get it insured.

Answer
Ebay has a Colonial of Zeland floor clock for 300 to 500 dollars or best offer. Yous is a bit more ornate so it would probably we worth more than that. About 5 years ago my son in law bought a Howard Miller which was very ornate for $900. This clock had been sold new for about $2000.

I do not know the age of your clock as Westminster chime clocks have been built for a very long time. I would probably insure it for around $700 to $800. Your homeowners insurance would probably cover it already, but I would check with your agent.

There were many manufacturers of clock cases and relatively few of clock movements. Sometimes there is a name on the movement but more often than not the movement is unidentified. Seth Thomas sold a great many movements to the American clock case builders. I assume other clock manufacturers did the same.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams