Antique Clocks/gingerbread clock

Question
When we set our gingerbread clock ,then wind it ,the alarm goes off? We put the deisred hour on the dial clockwise under the hour hand, then wound. Is the alarm broken?

Answer
This needs an adjustment between the alarm and the lever on the movement that rides on the back of the alarm dial. This can be done by bending the wire that connects the two. If you can look at the back of the alarm dial you will see it is a snail or cam with a drop at 12. The wire must hold the alarm from going off when the actuating lever is on the high part of the snail. But when it falls the wire should be loose enough to allow the alarm to go off. In this case the wire has too much slack and you should bent it with a curve to shorten the distance between the ends of the wire. This is not easy to explain so please write again if I'm not clear somewhere.  

Antique Clocks

Barry W Macomber