Antique Clocks/Hafis Wadsworth Ladies Watch

Ladies Hafis Wadsworth Watch
Ladies Hafis Wadsworth  

Hafis Image 2
Hafis Image 2  
Good Morning-
I was wondering if you could help me date and estimate the value of a Hafis Wadsworth ladies watch. The information I have is as follows:
1) the inside case reads Wadsworth and below that it is inscribed as Refexee
2) Warranted 20 years
3) the numbers on the inside case are in the shape of a wide "V" and read 3520260
4) looks to be Rose Gold....possibly plated do to the warranted notation
5) Swiss movement; 15 jewels
6) It also reads HAFIS W.Co. and below that there is a letter I can't make out followed by ADJ.

Any information you could provide, especially an approximate date and value would be appreciated. Many thanks for your time.

I personally would guess this to be about 100 years old. My expertise is primarily with clocks and radios so you might want to try someone who is more into watches.

Under item 6 were the letters U N before the letters ADJ. This means that for import duty purposes the movement is unadjusted for timekeeping accuracy and thereby would be subject to less import duty. Either the selling jeweler or the importing company will then adjust it before it is delivered to a customer.

On ebay the price of antique watches varies greatly depending upon whether the case is solid gold or plated. Prices range from $40. to $200 for non diamond studded cases. If you plan to keep it you would probably want to have it cleaned and oiled by a jeweler to prevent excessive wear and it assure it runs properly. Hopefully, if you sell it the purchaser will do the same.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family