Antique Clocks/1982 Colonial Zeeland Grandfather Birdnest

I let the weights run all the way down this week. Went to wind the clock and the Strike Pulley Drum felt off. Looked inside and the cable has bird nested behind the drum on the shaft. I cant figure out how to unwind. Is there a "neutral" lever somewhere? Thank you in advance if you could help. BTW. Clock was inherited and I finally got the old man balanced a running a few months ago. Prolly needs oil.

Best thing to do is to find the manufacture of the movement and then go to thier website and look for exploded diagrams of the winding drums and then you can see where the click or it might be refereed to as a pawl is located. If it is on the inside of the movement you will need to remove the movement as it is almost impossible to get to them when they are there with the movement still in the clock.

Antique Clocks

michael Porter

Any thing to do with the repair antique clocks,and modern german movements. Ithaca Calendar Clocks a speciality. Can do appraisals on Ithaca Clocks only. I do not follow history and values of clocks, other than Ithaca.

Have been repairing professionally since 1980. Revived the Ithaca Calendar Clock Co. and reproduce calendar clocks, also do parts for the same.

Associate degree in accounting.

Local for building a large calendar clock for the locat airport to go with thier new terminal.