Antique Clocks/E. Lauffer Grandfather Clock

Question
back
back  

side
side  
Hi I asked a question the other day but did not receive any answer so I thought maybe pictures may help.  My question is how do I get the second chime to work - right now only one works.  thank you.
I can also send quite a few more pics - didn't know I was limited to 2.
Nancy

Answer
You want to make sure the hammers are aligned with the chime rods.On either side of the movement there is a thumb screw.This screw moves a set of hammers toward or away from the rods to adjust the tone.You may also have to bend the hammers slightly for tone quality.
This is a striking clock , first one set of hammers strikes and then the next no melody.

Antique Clocks

Steve Skibicki