Antique Clocks/mastercrafters happy times model 911

QUESTION: the works the lamppost light does not work the bulb is small flickering bulb any info would be great thanks

ANSWER: This is probably a neon light. Some of these lamps are removable by pushing and turning counter clockwise or by unscrewing them. The bayonet type which must be pushed down before turning use an external ballast resistor to limit the current flow to the lamp. Lamps with a screw type base have an internal ballast resistor and must be used at the rated voltage. On bayonet base type the external resistor determines the operating voltage.

In many cases, the lamp uses only lead wires which are soldered to the resistor and power line. It would help to have a picture of the lamp socket area so I can identify exactly what you might need. I have several of the lead wire type in my possession which I have used in repairing lighted clocks before. All the lamps are available from Allied Electronics and I do not have the web address right at hand.  If you send me pictures I can send you the web address or if you send me your address I can send you a bulb.  I can give you my email address so you can contact me via email if you wish.   E-mail is

QUESTION: The bulb does not have a socket, its wired directly with the clock motor.  There is one resistor wire..the bulb looks like a christmas tree light that flickers.  It does not screw in though.

Is the overall length about an inch and about 1/4 inch in diameter with a point on the opposite end from the lead wires?  If so, send me your address and I will send you a bulb.

The reason I have so many is because I ordered two thinking they were $2.30 each. Actually it was packaged 10 to a box for that cost and I received two boxes.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family