Antique Clocks/Wm L Gilbert clock model "Salmon"

Question
The Original paper sticker on back of clock refers to Winsted, Conn., manufactured by Wm L Gilbert Clock Co. and model is Salmon. Any more info on this model clock?

Answer
I am sending you a link from Wikipedia that describes the city of Winsted, CT. Apparently, Gilbert was the dominant employer there for a number of years. The company was founded in the late 1700's and continued until the 1950's. I also checked ebay.com for a clock of your model and did not find that model. There were, however, other Gilbert clocks ranging in price from $650. to as low as a buy it now price for $20.

Here is the link from Wikipedia.  

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winsted,_Connecticut#History

I have two Gilberts in my clock collection. They are both over 100 years old and use counting wheel chime movements which have to be synchronized with the time. This means the chime must always be kept wound and you do not want to turn the hands backwards very far. Otherwise, you would have to re-synchronize the chime.

Merritts (www.merritts.com) has a book on Gilbert clocks. It is a bit pricey at $69.50. They have a supplement for $21.75 which describes these time pieces rather nicely. Since clock repair and collection is a hobby rather than a profession I do not possess any of these books.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams