Antique Clocks/haller mantle clock

hello, i have recently purchased, for the grand sum of 3 a haller mantle clock (haller foreign 101164 12cms 190,66). i am a complete novice with clocks and can't seem to get mine to run, i have tried leveling it, the chimes appear to work fine it is the time that won't work it seems to be fully wound but the pendulum will not swing, also as well as what i would call the chime release (a small lever with a small ring at the end)there is a straight lever or piece of metal that moves up and down is it anything i need to know about, any help would be greatly received thank you for your time.

All clocks need proper servicing to work properly. We only specialise in pre C1900 antique clocks as the quality deteriorates as they get newer. You may get away with oiling your movement with a clock oil. This for instance needs doing every few years after a proper service. Clearly after oiling, listen to the tick ock this needs to be equal, not for instance tick.  Toooooock

Antique Clocks

Daniel Clements

All questions about pre C1820 UK antique clocks. For the type of clock I can answer questions about, see if your clock is something like one on our website http://

I run a large family UK antique clocks business

We offer a full in house money back guarantee that all our antiques are genuine

Sunday Times Business Section and othe press

All my life working in , restoring and selling genuine antique clocks from the 17th 18th and 19th centuries

My father was the clocks consultant up to 1984 of millers antiques price guide. I have appeared on tv and in national newspapers

Many V.I.P clients from UK and overseas