Antique Clocks/help to identify a clock

Question
clockw
clockw  
Dear Friend

I have an old clock which was there at my house for long time. and i do not know any details about it.  recently i clean it up and had a look .

this clock has been repaired and its original dial is missing and on the machine there is a "S" mark, which may resemble seikosha. but i am not sure

actually what i want to do is to identify how old it is and to find out weather it will be valuble to give it a full repair as it is not working currently.

i have tried many ways to identify this, but i failed . so please be kind enough to help me to find it out

thanks

Answer
Most of the Seikosha clocks I saw on ebay are under $100. except for some very rare ones. You might want to check that for yourself to see if any of the clocks match up to what you have.

It was my impression that foreign made clocks would show the country of origin someplace on the movement. You might check for that.

Dials are available for most clocks from Merritts (www.merritts.com) and Timesavers (www.timesavers.com).

You might try oiling the clock if it is currently not operational.

I am not what you would call an expert on determining the age of clock, my expertise is repairs. However, if you want to send some photographs of the movement I might be able to help you.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams