Antique Clocks/identification of Seth thomas clock

Question
seth Thomas clock
seth Thomas clock  

clock
clock  
hello

i do own an antique seth thomas clock which i would like to know some details about

i have attached a photograph of my clock and its in working condition, its label is not available. though i checked through internet i was not able to have a proper description

please be kind enough to tell me when this clock was made , and the around value of it.

as there are little damages on the wooden box , i hope to repaint it , will it be good or just leaving it as it is will be better.

thank you very much

Answer
This is called a short drop octagon or a school clock. Yours is shown in the Seth Thomas 1910 catalog but this style was made over a long period of time; from about 1880-1930. Its value is $75-150. This was finished wood originally and any collector would strip off any paint. Best to leave as is.

Antique Clocks

Barry W Macomber