Antique Clocks/lindon31day wall clock

Question
i bought linden 31hour wall clock today in a junk shop it is working perfectly except for the chime. it did work in the shop but when i got home it just mskes s clicking sound how do i get yhem to chime sgsin . thanks for your help6

Answer
This is probably a "Made in China" movement.  The large mainspring will sometimes not release and that will cause the problem that you describe.  The spring is usually on the left side of the dial.  If it is wound tight, that could be the problem.  You can try one thing before getting it cleaned by a professional. Twist the key slightly in the opposite direction that you would wind it and move the minute hand to the 6 and 12.  Sometimes it will release the chime.  If this does work, do not wind it tight the next time.  If this does not work you will have to get the movement cleaned and oiled.  This should be done by a good clock repair person as main springs can be dangerous to work with.

Please visit our web site: www.kieferappliance.com

Antique Clocks

Wayne