Antique Clocks/Seth thomas clock

Question
seth Thomas clock
seth Thomas clock  
clock
clock  
QUESTION: hello

i do own an antique seth thomas clock which i would like to know some details about

i have attached a photograph of my clock and its in working condition, its label is not available. though i checked through internet i was not able to have a proper description

please be kind enough to tell me when this clock was made , and the around value of it.

as there are little damages on the wooden box , i hope to repaint it , will it be good or just leaving it as it is will be better.

thank you very much

st
st  
ANSWER: best I could find:

QUESTION: thank you very much for your kind response..
 in that picture is that clock in left upper section was made in 1880..  i cant read it properly

thank u in advance

ANSWER: says under--8 day time 8 day strike height 23 1/2 inches

but the winders appear to be in different location from yours?

QUESTION: yes friend.. i noticed that the difference of winders..  even at image search i did not came across any similar model.

that is why i am so interested about

any way thank you very much

Answer
sometimes the design and markings on the mechanism might be helpfull --these are the definitive books on these:   (I do not have a copy)  

http://timesavers.com/i-9500736-seth-thomas-clocks-volume-1-by-tran-duy-ly.html

http://timesavers.com/i-9500751-seth-thomas-clocks-movements-volume-2-by-tran-du

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders