Antique Clocks/Asonia wooden 1890 gingerbread walnut kitchen clock

Question
Hi Barry
My quest is to get hands for this clock my Dad loves it and before
he got ill he fixed clocks,my Mam gave me three one is this one which needs hands ,he made two but it,s not keeping time I'ed love to fix it can you help I'm from Ireland
Yours hopefully Carmel

Answer
Ansonia
Ansonia  

Ansonia
Ansonia  
Most Ansonias of this era used plain spade hands. You need to know how long the minute hand is or the diameter of the outer minute track. You need to know whether the hole in the minute hand is square or oblong. You can check Ebay and maybe find an old pair. Otherwise you can contact the supply house I use in Arizona. They should have what you need. Timesavers.com  tel: 1 800 552 1520. The pages I include are from the 1886 catalog. You can see most have spade hands but a couple have Maltese and Moon hands.

Antique Clocks

Barry W Macomber