Antique Clocks/clock picture

GE Telechron Banjo clock
GE Telechron Banjo clo  
QUESTION: I have the attached clock.  The bottom picture has been replaced. I was wondering what the original was and if replacements/repro pics are available somewhere.  Thanks!  Its a GE Telechron AB692.

ANSWER: Timesavers ( has a Mt. Vernon glass with the same picture that appears on my Seth Thomas electric banjo clock. The image size is 7 5/8 wide x 5 58 tall. The glass itself is 12" wide by 10" tall. The catalog # is TB-48. The cost is $32.50. Additional cutting to exact size is availabe at an additional charge. I recommend having them cut to size so if it is broken you are not responsible.

QUESTION: The measurements on my clock are smaller for the bottom picture.  The image size measures 4 1/8"w x 3 1/4"h.  Do you have a replacement picture in this size?  Thank you!

I do not think either Timesavers or Merritts has a smaller image. By the way, I have no association financially or otherwise with either of these organizations. I just purchase from their catalog. I am sending you an image photograph from my clock. You should be able to reproduce this on either glossy paper or a mylar film. You can adjust the image size according to your needs. If you cannot change the image size, let me know what scale you need it reduced to and we will play with it and send you another image.

Apparently your clock has a much smaller lower picture than mine. Mine would take that image of timesavers quite well.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family