Antique Clocks/Follow up on Tempus Fugit 1977

Question
My Clock
My Clock  
QUESTION: I couldn't figure out how to ask another follow up question, so I hope you remember me. The bottom spring of my clock is uncoiled. It clicks about 5 times and then uncoils backwards. You had given me a website called "Timesavers" to order the coil and barrel so that I can attempt to replace it and said that you could walk me through it. I was wondering if there was a manual that I could look at. Something that would show me what I am getting into. I just went to a site called, http://www.muebooks.com/repair-tips-2-kens-clock-clinic-PDF-71836858.html and it confused me completely. I hope it is easier than that. I will have it professionally cleaned after I attempt to do the repair on my own with your help. This clock means so much to me and I would like to see what I am getting into. I wish you were closer, I would have you do it for me. Please tell me that you remember who I am, I was just talking with you yesterday. I need your help!

ANSWER: why not get the pro to put the spring in for you - the pro will charge quite a bit and will have to take it all apart anyway to clean it ????? explain please

sure I remember you

QUESTION: Okay, I just reread the first set of questions that I asked and from what I read I think you said that replacing the movements would not change the value of the clock, is that right?
Also, I looked up the link you gave me on ebay which I didn't notice before. Is this the part that I would need to replace the movements? http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-341-020-35-cm-Hermle-Chime-Clock-Movement-/271264474
If it is, it looks a little easier to replace that just the spring and barrel. If I choose to replace the movements with this part, is this something you could help me with?

Answer
yes  and yes

confused about your goals here-- a 1977 Hermle movement has got to be on it's last legs unless it never got much use or has already been rebuilt-- then the new movement is the better long term answer for sure. If you want to try to save money (aparently $400 was too much?) then $40 looks attractive, no? Assuming it ran fine before the spring let go, and no damage occurred, just replacing the spring should gain you several years more life.

either way you can do it -could even Skype you through either installation?!  

New movement:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-341-020-35-cm-Hermle-Chime-Clock-Movement-/271264474

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders