Antique Clocks/Elgin Westminster Chime Anniversary Mantel Clock

My cousin has the aforementioned clock and it is off one hour when it chimes.  Also, it is suppose to chime on the hour and the half-hour but instead it chimes on the quarter and 3/4 hour and she does not know what to do.  Please help.  Thank you.

Sorry for delay in answering, I have been away on holiday for a week. I specialize in 17th and 18th century clocks and I am not 100% savve on later 20th century examples that we do not sell.

What I would do though is 1) take minute hand off and refit 15 minutes earlier, then move the hour hand which should be on a clutch to the correct hour for what the clock is striking. I hope this helps.

Antique Clocks

Daniel Clements

All questions about pre C1820 UK antique clocks. For the type of clock I can answer questions about, see if your clock is something like one on our website http://

I run a large family UK antique clocks business

We offer a full in house money back guarantee that all our antiques are genuine

Sunday Times Business Section and othe press

All my life working in , restoring and selling genuine antique clocks from the 17th 18th and 19th centuries

My father was the clocks consultant up to 1984 of millers antiques price guide. I have appeared on tv and in national newspapers

Many V.I.P clients from UK and overseas