Antique Clocks/Grandfather clock stopped

Question
1/4 hour chime side
1/4 hour chime side  

1/4 hour chime side
1/4 hour chime side  
My grandfather clock keeps great time..the pendulum swings perfectly and the weight lowers without issue. The outer weight controlling the 1/4 hour chimes and the hourly "gong" move muck slower and sometimes don't drop at all. I sprayed WD40 in the area of the gears which got the weights to lower but they do so slower than the center weight.

Also, when the 1/4 chimes DO decide to play, the hammers fall out of sequence thus playing an unrecognizable tune with out of sequence notes.

Answer
ignore the weight drop --the test is "is the clock chiming each quarter and striking the hour properly?"

seems not from your comments?

spraying any clock movemnt with WD-40 is going to be fatal to it eventually- gears do not get oiled.

no telling what is up with your clock at this point- suggest you call a pro and have your check book handy

make sure like in your photo, the little pins line up with the hammer tails as the chime barrel turns -- if it is off to left or right it will try to play two tunes at once- might be that issue?

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders