Antique Clocks/Key Size?

I have an older "The E. Ingraham Co" Cymbal Clock.  What size key would it take?  I've lost the original key and need to replace it.  Thanks much.

I checked my wife's heirloom kitchen clock which is an Ingraham Cymbal clock, and it is intended to be wound with a  #6 key. This is because the arbor measures 3.6 mm. The key that came with the clock is a #7 and it fits very sloppily on the arbor but it has kept it running for the last 45 years.

You can purchase a single ended key from Merritts ( with the Ingraham trademark for $2.50. It is part # P-1147 and it is for clocks for the beat rate adjustment which is on the bottom of the pendulum. It is a $6.  

They also feature a double ended key for use when the beat rate adjustment is in a small hole through the dial. The part # is P-1522 for an Ingraham key. Cost is $3.25. However I believe the former key is correct since this style of clock has a pendulum accessible from the front.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family