Antique Clocks/Quarter hour "songs" incorrect

I have an old grandfather clock that keeps great time although, recently, the songs that usually play on the quarter hours are no longer the same. The little chime hammers are not falling in the correct sequence to play the tunes correctly.

When was the last time your clock movement was properly serviced? If you are running anything mechanical the movement will need oiling ever year or so and cleaning and maintenance every 10-15 years ? I assume from this it is striking 2 quarters at quarter past the hour instead of one is this correct? A picture of the clock dial and movement will help me as well.

Antique Clocks

Daniel Clements

All questions about pre C1820 UK antique clocks. For the type of clock I can answer questions about, see if your clock is something like one on our website http://

I run a large family UK antique clocks business

We offer a full in house money back guarantee that all our antiques are genuine

Sunday Times Business Section and othe press

All my life working in , restoring and selling genuine antique clocks from the 17th 18th and 19th centuries

My father was the clocks consultant up to 1984 of millers antiques price guide. I have appeared on tv and in national newspapers

Many V.I.P clients from UK and overseas