Antique Clocks/Smith English LTD

Question
I acquired at an estate sale a Smith English LTD floor clock. I had it adjusted and cleaned by a professional and it runs and chimes great. The inner workings work with a spring and pendulum. It does not have weights and pullys. The outside of the clock is very plain with wooden knobs for opening the face, The pendulum area is glass so you can see the pendulum movement. The clock mechanism says Smith English Clocks LTD. It also has a stamp that indicates it is from 1969? It just says 69. Any ideas on the identification of this clock.

Answer
We researched the history of the Smith Clock company and will attempt to send it to you.

http://www.allexperts.com/expertx.cgi?m=11&expID=121920&qID=5048469

If you go to this site you will see your clock companies history.

It appears they combined with or purchased some other clock companies to broaden their offerings. This also allowed multiple merchandising through the various stores representing the individual clock companies.

There are many clock companies which make only cases and buy movements from companies that make the inner workings of clocks. There are relatively few of these compared to the number of case manufacturers.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams