Antique Clocks/1-day Dutch (?Zaandan?) chair-clock

Question
I have a 1-day dutch chair- clock purchased in 1970's.

Clock was hand-made by a surviving family of original 1-day clock  makers, after the Dutch industry was decimated with the introduction of the German 7-day movements
.
Clock was working but has been packed for 20+years as we moved house many times.

When I unpacked the clock, hung it, and fitted the weight, the mechanism wound , but I then found the chain had slipped off the cog as I completed pulling the weight up.

The Chain is wedged between 2 cogs.

I took the clock to a clock repair person, who  said the clock needed to be dismantled in order to refit the chain. He quoted over $500 to dismantle, re-fit chain, and  clean and oil !

How do I release the chain? I am a competent handyman, and make jewellery as a hobby.

Answer
without a photo - gonna be kinda hard to say-- probably not stuck on a cog but between the chain wheel and the next gear -- might be able to pry some freedom with a twist of a screwdriver?   can you attach a photo of the back  with as much of the chain problem you can?

$500 sounds outrageous but maybe it is justified??? valuable antique???  

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders