Antique Clocks/Junghans clock pendulum help

QUESTION: Hello there,

I need to try and find information on the size, weight and length of the pendulum, as the pendulum is missing from the clock.
Do you have any information on what pendulum this clock needs please?

ANSWER: not from the info in the photo

what kind and size clock is this?

size and weight are not too important ---but length is

you can hook a length of wire and a weighted clothes pin or metal paper clasp to the wire and move it up and down to get the length and timing right- then go buy one at a supplier

QUESTION: Hi thanks for the reply, it is a large Junghans 12 inch dial wall clock, I tried hooking a piece of wire with different amounts of nuts on but not sure on how to figure it out, do you know any good way or any websites that explain how to work out thye pendulam length etc.

the amount of nuts is not important just the position up and down to figure the length within 2" as all the pendulums have adjustments on them as well

it has to fit in the space from the bottom of the leader where the pendulum hooks on down to the bottom of the case---maybe 6" in your case?

what does the bottom of the leader look like where you need to hook the pendulum on?

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders

Any mechanical clock question - no battery clock questions and no appraisals. 47 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner. Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks

47+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - Of the 7 antique clock experts provided by, you, Mr. Saunders, were the ONLY one who provided the correct answer that allowed me to solve the problem for which I sought help; thanks a million!!! Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score.... Comment - It's happening!! The clock has run for about 8 hours...I appreciate your quick response and clarity of directions. Thanks so much ! Kenneth really knows his stuff, he has the knowledge about where you can buy replacement parts and where to get repair service or do it yourself. I think I can fix it myself and receive the full value of my clock. He even sent me pictures of clocks like mine sold online so I could get a good idea of the value. Thank you Kenneth for responding so fast and making me feel so confident in repairing my own clock. I vote Kenneth Volunteer of the Year.