Antique Clocks/pendulum stops

I have a 60 vintage warmink zaanse clock, it appears to be in perfect condition, but the pendulum stops. The weight chains are perfectly meshed, all movements apear to be in great condition. The clock is set perfectly level, the weight for the bell functions flawlessly. Lifting the chain on both sides moves perfectly.  I reset the chain several times and oiled it. I did find a small piece of paper on the chain for the clock drive when I did this. I even switched weight locations

The end result is the pendulum still stops in a few minutes.

What do you think is the issue.

Best Regards

I sounds like the movement should be cleaned and oiled by a clock repair person.  There can be dirt that gets in the gears and bushings and slows the whole movement to the point that is stops.
I remove the movement and place it into an ultrasonic cleaner.  Then I go through the whole movement and clean each bushing and shaft.  Then I oil all of the contact points.  This should be done at least every 10 years or so.  If you have a clock shop in your area, please take it to them.  If you do not have a shop in your area, I would be glad to do it for you but you will have to ship the clock to me.  If you are going to ship the clock, take all finials and anything detachable off before shipping.  Also pack it well as they do not handle packages carefully it seems.  Also, I need the weights and pendulum to test the clock after repair.  Our address is on the web site if you need it.  

This is a very beautiful clock and I would not like to see it damaged.  Thank you.

Please visit our web site:

Antique Clocks

I will answer any clock repair questions to the best of my ability but not appraisal questions.

I have been repairing mechanical and electric clocks for over 25 years.

I am a current expert in the small appliance catagory.

BS Education

We have been in business in the Madison, Wi. area for over 30 years.