Antique Clocks/Removing and replacing Verge Pin Plate

Question
QUESTION: I ordered and received several Verges with Saddle and Crutch and several what look to be rivets. I can connect the Crutch to the Verge but any how do I rivet the Saddle to the Verge???

Thanks

ANSWER: drill hole in both -put the rivet through the hole - put the head on a steel block or anvil and whack the other end with a hammer and punch.

what clock are you trying to repair? they sell these all made up so you do not have to rivet them.

advise...........

since I have no clue what a OGGI clock is, I can understand Timesavers not either.

is this an OGEE clock perhaps? who made it?   ken

QUESTION: Yes it is an OGEE Clock my mistake...the post has fallen off the Verge Pin Plate and I have a replacement Plate can you give instructions how removing old plate and replacing it with new one??

Answer
having some trouble with the words describing your issue. can you attach a photo and tell who made the clock or the works?

is this the short steel pin that the verge saddle swings on that is missing? they are generally driven into the brass part from inside and just wedged in the hole.   advise.....

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders