Antique Clocks/ARGUS clock Mfg. by Wm. L. Gilbert Clock Co.

I have inherited a clock that looks like the EXACT duplicate as the one in the picture!  Label on back:
Manufactured by
Wm. L. Gilbert Clock Co.
Winsted, Conn.
It was a wedding gift to my great grandfather who was a country doctor in 1884.
The picture on the glass is the same, but mine has a crack in the glass.
I am wondering if you could tell me a value.  It ran and kept perfect time about 4 yrs ago when my dad quit using it.
How do I find a reputable person in my area that knows antique clocks to clean and check it.
Should I have anything done with the glass?
Thank you.

These gingerbread clocks have come down in the past few years. The Argus would bring $75-150 at auction. You can go to (clock collectors' site.)and post a question on the message board for a repairmen. It is free and people in our area will see it. The glass is really up to you. There are replacement glasses available but some people would prefer the original.  

Antique Clocks

Barry W Macomber

My experience is mostly with 19th century American clocks. I can answer repair questions and can identify most clocks of this period. I cannot answer questions about non-American clocks.

Many years buying, selling, and collecting American clocks.

NAWCC 14,915

No formal education in this area.