Antique Clocks/Seth Thomas information

Question
Whole clock
Whole clock  

Movement etch
Movement etch  
I appreciate you taking the time to answer questions from those of us who know nothing about these clocks.

The one I have was obtained by my Grandfather in New Jersey. He gave it to my Mother and she is unsure when he got it. i am interested in the type/model, and time of manufacture. I have images linked of the whole front, a face closeup, a movement picture, and a close up of the etching on the movement. i also need to get it running as it stops after a few minutes. The hour bong works fine but the 1/2 hour bell striker does not reach the bell. It strikes but just misses it. I intend to fix it and pass it on to my oldest Daugter after enjoying it a few years.

Thank you again!

Jeff Fischer

2 images were loaded attached to this and 2 others were sent to TinyPic. Here are the links:

Clock Face:

http://tinypic.com/r/r7rihe/8

Full movement picture:

http://tinypic.com/r/357jyxc/8

Answer
This is the Kent model from about 1900. Sometimes on this particular movement, if the time mainspring (on the left as you look into the back) is unwound enough the the hammer will rest on the spring and won't hit the bell. In the picture that spring needs winding. As you look at the clock from the front, the time spring is on your right and winds left. The strike spring is on the left and turns right. This is the best dial and bezel unit Seth Thomas had. The bezel is cast brass instead of pressed and it uses beveled plate glass. The one price I found was $418 at auction in 2004. It may run when wound but if not, you need to find a local repairperson.

Antique Clocks

Barry W Macomber