Antique Clocks/Jaunch wall clock

Originally bought in Germany mid 80's,  moved several time via US Army.  Now retired in Sarasota, Fl.  Had clock repaired 08',  it kept stopping.  Ran after repair for 2 to 3 years then stopped again.  Repairman out of business.  I took 3 photos which I'll send when wife gets home after 1800 hours if needed.  Clock is in great shape, nice "wall hanger".  Photo of rear of cabinet reveals a wood cabinet, no movement parts.  A #H10/3 is readable at the top of the device that holds a total of 8 brass wire chimes.   Also there is a "S" located in a stamped circle below the #H10/3 number.     During all of this I discovered the minute hand was slightly pressing on the interior of the glass door cover.  I then bent it to the rear of the clock maybe .5 mm so it seems clear now.   Do you think that the minute hand dragging on the glass was enough friction to stop it running?  Where could
I take the clock to be looked at if it turns out the "fix" I did does not work?  Thanks!

Do you think that the minute hand dragging on the glass was enough friction to stop it running?  ABSOLUTELY , YES!

Angers Clock Repairs
Sam Anger
12933 Fred Harvey Rd.
Sanderson, FL 32087  Phone: (904) 275-2437

Cottagehaus Clockworks
Jan Pearce - Owner
5104 148th Place
Wellborn, FL 32094  Phone: (386) 963-2075

It's About Time
William L. Bassett
615 N. Glenwood Ave.
Clearwater, FL 33755  Phone: (727) 442-7817

James R. Epperson
1800 Hibiscus Ct. S.
Oldsmar, FL 34677  Phone: (813) 854-2926
Fax: (813) 854-1336

Keepingtime Clocks
Randell Wahl
1526 S. Wickham Road
Melbourne, FL 32904  Phone: (321) 727-7581

Robert Terwilliger
2963 Bird Avenue
Coconut Grove, FL 33133  Phone: (305) 447-4619

Watch & Clock Repair & Restoration
Max Eichermueller
4346 SW 18th Place
Cape Coral, FL 33914  Phone: (239) 945-1836
Fax: (239) 945-1836

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders

Any mechanical clock question - no battery clock questions and no appraisals. 47 years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner. Attach a photo if possible and note all markings on the rear of the mechanism- thanks

47+ years as a professional clock repair person- still a full time clock repair service owner.

Comment - Of the 7 antique clock experts provided by, you, Mr. Saunders, were the ONLY one who provided the correct answer that allowed me to solve the problem for which I sought help; thanks a million!!! Comment - On a scale of 1-10, I would give Mr. Saunders a 15 on each category. His responses were clear, addressed my questions and concerns in a way that even I could understand, and even sent a picture. He explained what I had and how to resolve the issue. I was amazed at how quickly he replied to each on my e mails. He shouldn't get a gold star, he should get a whole box of them!!! Thank you Mr. Saunders, I will keep you on my e-mail "speed dial". Comment - Ken answered my question regarding how to adjust the proper striking of the hammers on my Grandfather clock within a few minutes of my sending the question to him. He answered my follow-up question the next morning. I would rate him higher if there was a number larger than ten in the selection box. Thanks again Ken Comment - I RECEIVED AN ANSWER WITHIN AN HOUR.OUTSTANDING SERVICE.YOUR RATING SHOULD BE HIGHER THAN 10. Comment - This Man is Fantastic...there is no Scale for a him...if there was...He'd beat the top of Smile....I could never ask for more ....this Man is his Score.... Comment - It's happening!! The clock has run for about 8 hours...I appreciate your quick response and clarity of directions. Thanks so much ! Kenneth really knows his stuff, he has the knowledge about where you can buy replacement parts and where to get repair service or do it yourself. I think I can fix it myself and receive the full value of my clock. He even sent me pictures of clocks like mine sold online so I could get a good idea of the value. Thank you Kenneth for responding so fast and making me feel so confident in repairing my own clock. I vote Kenneth Volunteer of the Year.