Antique Clocks/Ships bell clock

Question
QUESTION: Low Clock Co. Admiralty Ship's Bell Clock
I recently purchased a small 3 1/4" dia. face Admiralty ships bell clock, it's a seven jewel clock by Low Clock Company and the bells striking pattern is not correct below is listed the strike pattern I've also attached some pictures and can send more if needed I would also like to replace the plastic crystal with a glass one it is 3 1/4 inches in diameter.
Can you help me with with a way of adjusting this clock to strike the proper bell pattern.
(8)  4:00 8:00 12:00 = 4 Bells
(1)  4:30 8:30 12:30 = 4 Bells
(2)  5:00  9:00  1:00 = 6 Bells
(3)  5:30   9:30 1:30 = 6 Bells
(4)  6:00 10:00 2:00 = 8 Bells
(5)  6:30 10:30 2:30 = 8 Bells
(6)  7:00 11:00 3:00 = 2 Bells
(7)  7:30 11:30 3:30 = 2 Bells

Answer:
firt wire needs adjusting see photo -- set screw (lower arrow) allows adjustment left or right  to hold off one bell on the 1/2 hour sequence

I adjusted the Firt Wire as you suggested and it changed the sound on the last  strike but it didn't change the number of strikes that the hammer moves for instants at 12 o'clock the hammer should move eight strikes and it only moves four strikes and at 7 o'clock the hammer should strike six times and it only strikes twice. Do you need additional pictures?

Answer:
the wire prevents the last strike in the sequence from occurring by holding the hammer up at a higher level on the last strike- it still tries to hit but does not reach the bell- perhaps your hammer is too close to the bell to begin with? I don't think I can do better with photos - can you do a youtube video??  

I adjusted the hammer so that it is about 1/8 of an inch away from the chime and read adjusted the Firt Wire.
Now I get very nice loud sound when the hammer strikes but what I get now is the same sequence as above except the last two strikes are held back by the firt wire mechanism. For some reason the firt is holding back two strikes both at the hour and at the half hour when it should hold back only one strike at the half hour.
Would a video help?

ANSWER: Would a video help?    might help

QUESTION: I have made some progress, I now get eight bells at 8 o'clock but I also get eight bells at 7:30 I have tried adjusting the Firt wire in very small increments but it goes from not holding back a strike at all to holding back a strike both at the half hour and at the hour. I must have adjusted the firt wire 25 times but I can't get it to hold back the strike only on the half hour.
I put a video on YouTube here is the address:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcVc4c0b9GM

ANSWER: the bell hammer might need to be bent away from the bell some?

QUESTION: I tried adjusting the hammer but I still get eight bells at 7:30 unless I adjusted so far away that it doesn't strike at all.
If I adjust the firt wire just slightly to the left I get seven bells at 7:30 but also seven bells at 8 o'clock.
I started with Fert Wire all the way to the right and adjusted to the left until I just got seven bells at 7:30 but at that point I still get seven bells at 8 o'clock, if I move it just slightly one way or another from that point I get either eight bells at 7:30 and 8 o'clock or seven bells at 7:30 and 8 o'clock. It seems like the clock does not differentiate between the hour and a half hour.

Answer
think I cant help further-been years since I worked on one of these- if you can do a closer up longer video of both sides of the mechanism in action - maybe I can see something?

you have a clock repair shop anywhere around? Might be if you just bring the mechanism in they can tweak it while you wait? call them first?  

Antique Clocks

Kenneth Saunders