Antique Clocks/putting back pendulum on an Ithaca Floor clock 1900s

Question
I inherited an Ithaca Floor clock and to move it I had to take off the pendulum.  I am having a problem putting the pendulum back on.  Can you help me?  What is the procedure to put it back?
Your response will be greatly appreciated.

Answer
Many of the larger clocks use a pendulum suspension which is tight once the pendulum is installed. This prevents a double jointed movement of the pendulum which negatively impacts the accuracy of the clock. These must be tilted forward for the hook to engage the square bottomed hole in the arm that goes to the suspension spring. Once you have the pendulum on the arm, you must very carefully tilt it back to the straight position being certain a projection from this arm engages a hole in the pendulum rod. You may have to shift the junction back and forth a little bit to get it to pop in. Try to avoid allowing excess force to be applied to the junction.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams