Antique Clocks/Buchbinder clock

Bob Newell wrote at 2015-09-03 00:53:23
Hello; this "Buchbinder" clock is a reworked Hahl pneumatic master clock mechanism that was removed from a wooden grandfather case and mounted on a smaller board. The pneumatic bellows originally pumped an air pulse out to slave clocks in the building. This part of the mechanism has been disabled; the clock now tells time and possibly rings a signal bell if the cylinder unit is still attached. Buchbinder was a Michigan commercial clock repair person. He used to take old Hahl clocks and recondition or "update" them for school districts. This clock originally had a "Hahl" dial that was replaced after he reworked it to it's new, cut-down use. Hope you can get this info to the original Asker.

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family