Antique Clocks/old clock

Do you happen to know anything about this seth thomas clock. It has 81 or 18 stamped into the wood on the back side of the clock. Inside it has ma14 stamped into the metal

I'm not sure about the 18 but that could be the date as 1918 would be about right. Usually a date on the back would have a letter and 4 numbers which would be the month and year backwards. e.g. B0091 would be Feb. of 1900. The number you give for the movement seems to be backwards. 41AM is a fairly common Seth Thomas time only movement of the early 1900's. I'm pretty sure this is what you have. The pics around the edge also indicate the early 1900's when there was a "Colonial Revival". This is basically a simple box with a lithographed front and a nice movement and hands. It is probably worth $30-50 for parts.  

Antique Clocks

Barry W Macomber

My experience is mostly with 19th century American clocks. I can answer repair questions and can identify most clocks of this period. I cannot answer questions about non-American clocks.

Many years buying, selling, and collecting American clocks.

NAWCC 14,915

No formal education in this area.