Antique Clocks/Identify Session Mantel Model and Date please.

Question
Sessions Mantel Clock - Front
Sessions Mantel Clock  

Sessions Mantel Clock - Mechanism
Sessions Mantel Clock  
I bought a non-working Session Mantel clock, and after a little cleaning and oiling of the accessible pinions and bearings it now runs. I'd like to know:
The Model name/number.
The approximate date of manufacture.
Is there a document that describes disassembly and more importantly re-assembly of this model. I'm gathering the tools and knowledge to strip, cleaning, refurbish and re-assemble it, so any other help much appreciated.
Many thanks,
Andrew.

Answer
All the major made so many models, I can't find this one. Sessions Clock Co. did not exist until 1903 when Mr. Sessions bought the E.N. Welch Manufacturing Co. This has kind of an Arts and Crafts feel so I would date it 1903-1915. Columns like this come up on Ebay and a search might find a replacement.
There are things to consider before disassembling a movement. There is a lot of power in those springs. They need to be clamped before being removed. This requires main spring clamps and a bench key along with a small screwdriver. You must wind a spring, put the clamp around it, and , holding the bench key firmly, lift the click (ratchet) with the screwdriver so it is no longer engaging the click/ratchet wheel. Slowly let the spring down by taking a little pressure off your grip on the bench key. Sometimes a third hand is handy to hold the clamp in place until the spring opens and holds the clamp in place. When I first learned how to do this, I took a marker ans put a symbol next to the hole in the top plate, on the top of the gear, and next to the bottom hole on the inside of the back plate. Start with l then ll or X or V whatever is short and unique. You will need to remove the top plate to reach all these places. Then you will know where the gear goes and which side up (very important). A good close up photo with the top plate removed can't hurt. There is, of course, more to this, like aligning the strike levers. If you want to pursue this further, you will need some reading material. I can't give you a whole course on here. I suggest you start with "The Modern Clock" by Ward Goodrich. Good luck.

Antique Clocks

Barry W Macomber