Antique Clocks/Waltman wind-up 31 day chime clock

Question
I was recently given a Waltham 31 day wind-up chime clock.  Are there any instructions for this clock available?  I have it set up and it chimes once on the half hour and on the hour the number it is.  I would also like to know how to hook-up the chains and bars on each side of the pendulum.  Thank you for any help.

Answer
We looked for instructions for your clock and could not find any. However, the instructions are usually brief and include winding and setting the time. They also tell you to adjust the pendulum slightly shorter to speed up the clock slightly and lengthen to slow it down so it keeps accurate time. If this is a fairly modern clock, you can turn the hands forward as fast as you like and the chime will "catch up" within the next hour.  Since you do not have the exact instructions, I would not turn the hands backwards past the half hour and hour positions.

The instructions will probably also recommend periodic lubrication of all the pivots and gear meshes. They may specify a particular brand of oil but I find sewing machine oil works well.
Be certain to get all the pivots using a toothpick if necessary. This is best done after removing the movement from the case. However, most floor clocks have enough accessibility to allow lubrication to be done with the movement in the case.

I attempted to reply yesterday and attach a photo from ebay but lost the reply. You can go to ebay.com and search for a Waltham 31 day clock and find a picture that might be helpful to see how the chains and simulated weights are installed. I have one of these clocks myself. When I obtained it, it had no weights or pendulum and I used pine cones for the weights. They hang on hooks on the end of the chains on the inside next to the pendulum.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams