Antique Clocks/Ansonia Ezee Set Wall Clock #770

I need to order a key for this clock but don't know what size key to order. It appears that there are many different sizes.  How do I tell what size to order?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Since your clock is a wall clock, I assume the beat rate adjustment is at the bottom of the pendulum, thus a single ended key would work. If the dial has a small hole at the top for adjusting the beat rate, you will need a double ended key. Merritts offers ( an Ansonia key with a big end of size 6 and a speed adjusting end of size 3. They also have generic keys in other sizes.

The Merritts catalog has a chart of the winding arbor size in mm versus key size. If you have any trouble interpreting this, let me know. This will probably require removing either the dial face or the entire movement. You will probably want to do one of these anyway in order to lubricate the clock. I found most household oils work well for this, especially sewing machine oil. Although, Merritts does have special oils for lubricating clocks.

I guess the answer to your question is - check the chart to determine the size key you will need. Currently, Harbor Freight has a metric/SAE 6" digital micrometer on coupon sale for $10. to do this measurement as you will probably need some kind of micrometer to get an accurate reading on the flat to flat arbor size measurement. However, I would imagine that the Ansonia clock key would fit your clock. The price of this key is $3.25 in my catalog plus shipping and handling.  

Antique Clocks

Tom Williams

I can not think of any questions I cannot answer in regard to repairing antique clocks or radios. However, I am sure there are a few I have not heard and may not be able to answer. If I cannot, I will say so. I have been repairing them since I was a young child.

My experience includes repairing CooKoo clocks, Westminsters, BimBam, almost all antique clocks. I do a bit of repair on battery clocks where the value is sufficient to warrant working on them. I also repair antique (tube type) radios - all makes.

Indiana Historical Radio Society, Illinois Valley Antique Car Club, Military Vehicle Preservation Association

BEE from Cleveland State University

Four patents.

Friends and family